For patients with an uncomfortable or loose-fitting denture, implant-supported dentures offer a more comfortable and stable solution. Implant-supported dentures are over-dentures that are fixed to the gums using mini implants.
Unlike a traditional implant, mini implants are smaller and only involve a solid piece that screws into the bone. The mini implants are placed in the jaw, where they are anchored firmly in the surrounding bone. The underside of the denture has attachments that connect to the implants. In this way, the denture snaps onto the implants, keeping it stable and secure.
Benefits of Mini Implant Supported Dentures
- Implant-supported dentures enable more confidence when talking, laughing, and eating in public. Worries about false teeth slipping or falling out while you eat or speak are a thing of the past.
- Implant-supported dentures are far more comfortable because they are secure and feel like natural teeth. There is also less irritation of gum tissue; patients who have conventional dentures often suffer pain and canker sores.
- Implant-supported dentures look more natural than conventional dentures because less plastic is needed for retention. Wearing implant-supported dentures can also help your appearance in the long term by preventing jaw shrinkage and bone loss.
- Patients with conventional dentures have difficulty with speaking clearly. Slurred speech and clicking noises are common problems. Implant-supported dentures can help you relax and talk easily with a more clear and natural voice.
- Best of all, with implant-supported dentures, there is no need to use denture adhesives.